TG3!

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Should the NFL cancel Thursday Night Football?


Hello folks,

Back at it again.
I am going to discuss if the NFL should do away with Thursday Night Football.
There has been a lot of negative feedback mainly from players about games on Thursday nights. I personally love Thursday night football. Let us face it; there is nothing on TV on Thursdays. After work, I am actually excited go home crack open a brew and sit back and watch an NFL game, but, that is just the fan in me talking I guess. I could only imagine the toll it takes on these guys physically and mentally.
There has been a long list of players complaining about “TNF.” Richie Incognito from the Buffalo Bills, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin from the Seattle Seahawks and now Ben Roethlisberger to name a few.



What Roethlisberger says echoes pretty, much the sentiments from what many NFL Players are saying. See below. Quote by Ben Roethlisberger – Courtesy of Jeremy Fowler ESPN – and SB Nation.



Couple of years ago, I believed they should have gotten rid of TNF because let us face it the games were horrible. Low scoring, weird colored uniforms etc. Lately though the games have been great! Especially that Raiders vs Chiefs game 10-19 Score was 30- 31Raiders on a last minute TD by Derek Carr. Now not all games are like that but they are a lot better than a couple years back. I get the injuries part of it but that can happen on Any Given Sunday.



Should they cancel TNF? I do not think so. Why you ask? Okay I actually do not like talking about athlete’s salaries etc. however; these guys get paid millions of dollars to play Football! Not get up and go to a “regular” annoying job. The season is what only what 17 weeks? All teams I believe play ONE Thursday Night Game. C’mon, man they cannot suck it up for one game. Usually I always take the players side on everything but this one I do not think its fair. We only get X amount of NFL football then it is gone for another year. I believe it is the shortest season in all of the major leagues sports soooo in turn I’ll end this article with a please do NOT cancel TNF.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment