TG3!

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Current state of the NFL? CK!

Hey everyone,

Feels great to be back, it has been a few years since I posted anything on my blog but I feel given how things are going in the world and in the world of sports. It is time to return!
So please bear with me as I start up again, clear out the cobwebs and get my foot in the ground. I will be posting as much as I can for now and go from there.

My first order of business is the current state of the NFL. I have been watching this game since I was about 6-7 years old and played a bit of organized football throughout various parts of my life. I have seen the difficulties of the 90’s and when the sport was REALLY starting to take off in popularity. Now I’m not going to bore you of a come up story but I feel like the NFL of today is starting to “go down.” I don’t know if the powers that be is trying to humble the sport OR it’s just getting to big for its britches but football was the  one the sport where race didn’t matter. Where everyone can come together no matter what race and cheer for their favorite team without bringing race into it. Anyway, let us fast-forward to today… meaning this season and the current state of the NFL.



Here is the thing. I have to address the elephant in the room. I am a 49ERS fan. I have been one since my old man got me UpperDeck 1991 football cards. It was not because they won all the time or because the team was loaded. For some reason they I just fell in love with that team. 
I am going to dive into the Kaepernick situation. Now I live in Canada and I have gone through this that or the other in regards to racism. I agree with his point and see what he is trying to do BUT I am I wrong for saying he should not have done this during games? I know when I voice this opinion to people I know, at the bar watching the game or to my friends. I guess I’m considered a black sheep so to speak but this is the game I come to get away from politics. I do not want to talk about politics during football games. Why? Everywhere I turn it is Trump this or Trudeau that or this is happening or etc. The one place I can come and tune the world off. Have a beer it is not the case anymore. In all honesty, I rather wish this would all go away however, when I say that I am not addressing the “issues.” I guess it is a catch 22 because I always wondered why some of these famous athletes do not use their fame for causes. Now in a weird way I get my wish. Therefore, I guess I should not complain right.
Slowly but surly I have a feeling this will end when the NFL’s bottom line is truly affected… Which is $$$$. Well there is my 2 cents about this situation.

Have to admit it feels good to be back! Stay tuned for my text topic…

Feel free to comment.


Till next time. Peace.  Joe Jeremiah


No comments:

Post a Comment